UPDATED 24 JULY 2020
Amendments to the Public Health Order have been issued that now limits the number of persons who can be in the Cathedral for Mass to no more than 1 person per 4 square metres up to a maximum number of 100 persons. On that basis, the Cathedral is now able to accommodate 100 persons at any Mass or other liturgical celebration. For more information, click here.
In light of the amended Public Health Order, the following requirements will apply to attending Sunday Mass with immediate effect:
- There is NO longer a need to register in advance if you wish to attend Sunday Mass.
- Parishioners will be required to their contact details (name, phone number/email address, and time of arrival), either individually or as a member of a 'discrete' group. For more information on the understanding of 'discrete group', click here and scroll down.
- Contact details can be provided either by completing the paper form at the door, or via your mobile phone and QR code displayed on the poster at the door.
- Only one door - the side door nearest the diocesan office building - will be open for both entrance and exit.
- The door will open approximately one hour before the scheduled start time of Mass and will close not more than 30 minutes after Mass.
- Once the limit of 100 persons has been reached, no further persons will be allowed to enter the Cathedral under any circumstances.
Other requirements will be displayed on signs at the entrance to the Cathedral. A copy of this sign can be downloaded here.