The Public Health Order as it is currently in force limits the number of persons who can be present in the Cathedral for Mass to 50 persons.
While we do not as yet fully know the details, it is widely expected that this limit will change with effect from 1 July 2020 and the number of persons will be significantly greater than currently allowed.
In light of this, the requirements for registering to attend Mass in the Cathedral will change with effect from the weekend of 27th/28th June, as follows:
- Registration in advance is still encouraged via the use of the ‘COVID-19 MASS REGISTRATION’ button on the right hand side (or at the bottom of the page if viewing on a portable device).
- Those how register in advance will be ‘guaranteed’ attendance at their selected Mass – if they have arrived not less than 5 minutes before Mass is scheduled to begin.
- Unreserved spaces will be filled on a ‘first come, first served’ basis until either Mass begins, or we reach the allowed capacity.
- Reserved spaces will be vacated 5 minutes before Mass is scheduled to begin, and will be reallocated to those who may wish to attend Mass and who have not registered in advance.
- Regretfully, it will still be necessary for the doors of the Cathedral to be closed once Mass has begun.
We look forward to the time when these restrictions are no longer necessary, and to having the full community once again able to come together to celebrate the Day of the Lord.